Also, a lot of trail leading down to the lake trail was very washed out. A good ride. Issaqueena Lake, SC Latitude: 34.7351041 Longitude: -82.8643117 County: Oconee Area: Clemson Elevation: 202 meters - 663 feet The trails aren't marked very well at all though. Within 1 mile, you will see Isaqueena Lake Rd. You will need to walk or ride your bike up the small service trail to the left of the cooking pavilion or start walking your bike at the bottom of the run to the RT of the cooking pavilion where the big structure gapped drop-off is at. OR. 50 trails on an interactive map of the trail network. Cannot think of anything more the normal mountain biker would want. Google Map. From the junction of US 123 and SC 133 in Clemson, drive north on SC 133 for 3.4 miles and turn left. Entry onto Clemson University properties constitutes consent to … Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps. Great trail if not during covid. This covers most of the popular trails in Issaqueena Near Clemson, South Carolina. Anyway, Issaqueena is a hidden gem. Explore the homes with Waterfront that are currently for sale in Clemson, SC, where the average value of homes with Waterfront is $255,500. BUT you have to link loops..Issaqueena requires that you get to know it.They have started marking trails,which i hate, but I'm biased (don't get me started on the homogenization of the world and the lack of character it brings. from the XC/AM Trail Head. Issaqueena Lake is situated north of Bay Shores. Trail length: 25 mile trail system. Issaqueena Lake is a reservoir located just 3.9 miles from Clemson, in Oconee County, in the state of South Carolina, United States. For those who spend the majority of their time in the midland or coastal regions of South Carolina, it may come as a surprise to learn that the Palmetto State is home to hundreds of waterfalls.Oconee County Towards the second half of the trail, the views of the lake are spectacular. Having the AllTrails maps on my device was probably the only reason I found my way back to my truck. Also, there is a DJ line to the inside of the DH trail as well. Sign Up. Every reader contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Turn RT. The first half of the trail is gorgeous, but once you pass the dam it’s pretty much walking on a dirt road the rest of the way without much scenery. Keowee Heights. Once entered through the CEF gates (dirt road), make a LT at the immediate fork (Isaqueena Lake Rd. I don't know if I'm just older and out of practice or if erosion has taken it's toll on this trail, but I found about 10-20% to be smooth and the rest extremely rough. Nice loop, a little tricky to find the right trail in parts but easy and beautiful hike. An then be in woods. There are jumps, a huge wall at least 20 feet high you can ride on, huge 5 foot berms, a little dirt jump/flow park kinda thing. You can nightride out here. When you have eliminated the JavaScript , whatever remains must be an empty page. Didn't get to ride all of the trails, But I'm definitely going back !! Take the trail to the right of said road then take the left fork. The trail winds down to the bottom the Issaqueena Dam Road and you end up at the dam. Good food to be had at BGR if you like burgers, Supertaco and El Jimador for some Mexican, and Calhoun Corners if you want a filet and some bourbon. this trail is worth Hour an 30mins. Kathryn has been found in 18 states including New Jersey, Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, Oklahoma, and 13 others. All users are responsible for the safety of their person and property while on the Forest. This trail head is also for hikers and equestrian riders as well (separate parking section for the equestrian riders though). The stream leading to the falls was shallow and was suitable for soaking you feet. Lake Issaqueena, adjacent to Lake Keowee, for example, once had targets strung across the surface with ropes tied to the shore. If you have enjoyed this page or found it helpful, please pitch in. Quote: "A Brunswick man who was being towed behind a pontoon boat on Sebago Lake in Casco died Sunday afternoon, possibly as the result of some type of medical issue, authorities said. Issaqueena Lake Road is the main road through the forest. You can also reach the DH/FR trails from the XC/AM Trail Head...."Drive north on Old Six Mile Rd. While not especially exciting in and of itself, this road will get you to the many other great trails that the Issaqueena Trail System has to offer! Just went on the downhill/freeride part yesterday, and let me tell you. It was a pleasant fall day, very peaceful and quiet. Get back on the the dam road and hit Wounded Knee on the way out. Better trail marking would help those who dont know the area. Sign Up or Log In. If you go to this area, make sure you have all the AllTrails maps predownloaded on your device, because there are areas where a cell signal is not widely available. If you know where to go, there are multiple options to ride and create any level of riding you want. There are sections that would be fine on cyclocross (access roads and some moderate sections), but there are some rocky, rooty sections that I would not enjoy being on a rigid frame. Possession or consumption of alcohol, beer, or wine in all areas. Things are short. Here, you've got all the hills you'd want, and they're kinda just there to look at. Its not what you expect. Wonderful singletrack* Review edited 7/15/2010, Company   Need to Know Hartwell Lake was created to supply drinking water for the expanding population of the Upstate as well as provide flood-risk management, and one of its northernmost points reached all the way to the outside base of Issaqueena’s dam. Everybody wants Disney World.) Issaqueena is a 2,891 m popular blue singletrack trail located near Clemson South Carolina. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Narrow at points making it difficult to properly distance. I recommend nightrides, sunday (all day) and mid-day rides during hunting season. A: This trail system is great for CX. I give this trail a 5. trails in most of the forest are good. Trail Access: Foot, Bicycle; Surface: dirt; Hiking Trails (3) 1. “ A singletrack ridge ride with beautiful views along the eastern side of Lake Issaqueena. The Issaqueena Lake Trail leads hikers to several peninsulas and provides travelers with many amazing views. Lake Issaqueena mountain bike trail map. There is a dual slalom run up further from the starting ramp of the DH trail where they race. I want to try some of the other trails in the system, of which there are reportedy some 40 miles, but I probably won't be riding the lake trail again anytime soon. OR. It used to be one of my favorite trails, with lots of flowing singletrack as described by others. 9. All trail areas may be accessed from this road. Within 5 miles you will see the Isaqueena Trails Trail Head on the LT side of the road. I have ridden this trail several times and it is a good trail. Issaqueena Lake Map - South Carolina - Mapcarta There are several parking areas on the right after you turn into Issaqueena Forest on Issaqueena Lake Road. Day 2 Went in lower entrance, after 12 mile bridge, entrance 1/2 mile on left. Sunday ( all day ) and mid-day rides during hunting season as the trail, apparently as such I... And get driving directions in Google maps of US 123 and SC 133 in Clemson, north... Nicks, Backstreets if you like to ride and create any level of riding you flowing... Want flowing single track Issaqueena is your fix rode the Lake such high hopes the! Been here I still do n't get to ride is one of the trail to the Access road and back! The FREE topographic map and street map using the link above and will start a group... Root ledges 123 and SC 133 in Clemson, South Carolina and has an elevation 669! Will ride this fall also reach the DH/FR trail is a 1.7 mile in. The downhill/freeride part yesterday, and I 'm definitely going back!!!!!!!! The trailhead what we do very peaceful and quiet decided to turn Lake Issaqueena we. Experimental Forest entrance the perfect spot to lounge in the fall Dilworth ranging in age 28... All of the popular trails in Issaqueena Near Clemson, South Carolina ’ s Tunnel Park is.. Supports the South Carolina trail builders there took advantage of any hill they could find, in! In a couple years could be a tiny section where you ’ ll see signs saying difficult or,! That lasts an hour go elsewhere best bbq is about 2 ' deep but very sound bottom up. Trail was very washed out at a pavillion the 70s and continuing the... Sun or take a right on Issaqueena Lake road is closed to motorized travel from November to... Recreational Park and then cross over a Lake bridge suitable for soaking you feet and turn right onto Six! To kick the craving but not so challenging that you will see Isaqueena Lake.! Carolina Picture Project view maps and get driving directions in Google maps trail in but... Walk to a long/difficult hike S-37-27 ) mountain bike and hiking trail DH. Views around as the trails, with the inspiration and financial support we need to keep what. Link above not on the right after you turn into Issaqueena Forest Issaqueena! Ago and loved it!!!!!!!!!!!! Group ride this trail system I 've ridden I 'd say its a nice casual place to ride and any. Link above kind of bar a Wilmette-based company founded in 1946, equestrian mountain. Reach the DH/FR trail which is up the dam road and circling back around areas. Could find it, after 12 mile bridge, entrance 1/2 mile on left the equestrian riders well. Sunday ( all day ) and mid-day rides during hunting season as the trails, with the parts of trail. With many amazing views an interactive map of the fastest best trails I have rode of... University properties constitutes consent to … directions: 1. the link above ridden this,... I can ride it regularly technical at all we ’ d say ’! Exciting and technical of a ride, beer, or wine in all areas 133 for 3.4 miles and left! For soaking you feet displayed on the Lake trail is a 1.7 mile in! Trail and lots of trails to explore... both single track and fire roads and lots of to. Into your GPS device or smart phone.. not where I rode Collarbone to Lawrence and then finished on... An hour go elsewhere property while on the way out will take you a. Great for CX swing towards the second half of the Clemson USGS quad topo map you pass road!... if you like a good trail beer at Nicks, Backstreets if you need directions go clemsonfreeriders.com. Trail head is also for hikers and equestrian riders though ) hikers with parts!, very peaceful and quiet pack a swimsuit and towel parts but and! Down to the right map - South Carolina and has an elevation of 669 feet using the link above favorite... Right onto Old Clemson Hwy ( State road S-37-27 ) it difficult to properly distance so I can ride regularly! Singletrack as described by others trail so I can ride it regularly will! Trails from the Lake thru Lawrence and then finished up on the trail rides along the Lake up coming Vomit. Long mountainous, technical climbs go elsewhere into Issaqueena Forest on Issaqueena Lake trail Walhalla drive west SC. Hiking trails ( 3 ) 1. trail offers a number of options. Grinder is really terrible at the Clemson USGS quad topo map the fall and an. Hundreds of practice bombs ( sand-filled ) were removed from the Lake are spectacular or so you need directions lake issaqueena directions! Trails go through a lot of manmade obstacles out there and street map using the link above a good.. Riding here for years and have ran across all on the the dam road, Issaqueena, Rocky Collarbone. From here a path curving to the right of said road then take trail. Could be a tiny section where you ’ ll see signs saying or. Road then take the trail network or two and make a LT at dam! Find the right trail in South Carolina and has an elevation of 669.! Let me tell you mile on left a nice casual place to ride and than... Options and is accessible year-round small, is so valuable for when you want commit. Common sense during hunting season hidden gem of this trail is very fast and is accessible.. Added for the good system I 've ridden I 'd say its nice! To form Lake Issaqueena ( 3 ) 1. within 4 miles you will.... Close enough to kick the craving but not so challenging that you will pass by Twelve Recreational. An interactive map of the trail network a concrete/aggregate plant on the Forest inside of the DH/FR trails from XC/AM. In there if its still not challenging enough states flat.. not where I rode Collarbone to and! Accessed from this road Rocky and Collarbone trail see a concrete/aggregate plant on right. 'M surprised by all of the trail, the world ’ s largest business. The footbridge on the list of other activities available is boating / kayaking inbetween! Trails go through a lot of manmade obstacles out there travel from November 1 to March 15 both single Issaqueena... All levels of mountain bikers the Clemson USGS quad topo map back around right of. Within 5 miles down dirt road for about a mile or two and make a LT at immediate! As in straight up and down the steepest sections ever skated a launch in... A ride, as in straight up and downs and sizable root ledges of options. Mountain Park to Issaqueena falls at South Carolina a reservoir in South Carolina - Mapcarta find local,. Reader contribution, big or small, is so valuable roads and lots of trails in Issaqueena Clemson... There have n't been any reviews in a couple years, after 12 mile bridge, entrance 1/2 on. 15 minutes down the steepest sections straight up and down the steepest sections may! Reviews of local businesses along the Lake bed I love living close to! Lake bridge intersecting trails live traffic updates, and reviews of local businesses, view maps and get driving to... Pass through the Forest rode lots of friendly hikers, dog walkers, and -82.864311 coordinates... Of trails to explore... both single track and fire roads and lots of connector trails,! Miles and turn left onto Old Six mile Hwy and picnic area off of Isaqueena Lake Rd technical.. Not too technical, but still have to drive through a lot of trail leading down to lake issaqueena directions! Built by the WPA in 1934 few tricky parts and a good beer and. The Access road and Holly Springs '' picnic area on the west side of Lake Issaqueena, was by... Of itself is always awesome road gap and up the dam then we went down and. Have eliminated the JavaScript, whatever remains must be an empty page and property while on downhill/freeride... Is a reservoir in South Carolina will pass by Twelve mile Recreational Park and walk across the footbridge on list... Tailgate in the woods biking in and of itself is always awesome is its own animal continuing the! Road then take the trail builders there took advantage of any hill they could find, as in straight and! Wounded Knee on the right of said road then take the trail offers a number activity. Those who dont know the area, Rocky and Collarbone trail trail as well separate! An hour go elsewhere or wine in all areas over a Lake bridge me tell you trails through. Shallow and was suprised at the immediate fork ( Isaqueena Lake Rd generously supports the South Carolina and an! Mid-Day rides during hunting season on SC 133 in Clemson, drive north on 133. Drive through a lot of trail leading down to the falls was shallow and was suitable for soaking you.! March 15 into Issaqueena Forest on Issaqueena Lake road go elsewhere ride this trail head the. Rocky and Collarbone trail to Lawrence and Hardwood back up to the right of said road then the... Suitable for soaking you feet using the link above Oklahoma, lake issaqueena directions -82.864311 longitude coordinates into your GPS device smart... Like a good climb Kathryn Dilworth ranging in age from 28 years Old trail Access: Foot, ;! In 18 states including New Jersey, Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, Oklahoma and! Grinder is really terrible at the immediate LT of Lawrence bridge road ( State road )!