Designed for Small Equipment Cabs, Passenger/Cargo Vans and Class 4 – 8 Trucks! $723.56 $ 723. FOR SALE - Norfolk, VA - New Green XR-250 Sport 12v Quad Ride On w/ Charger Brand New & In Great Condition Charger is Included Perfect Birthday Gift For You ... New Green XR-250 Sport 12v Quad Ride On w/ Charger (Virginia Beach) $99 ... Prophet Sport Quad 4 X 100W AC/DC Charger (Mesa) $160. In AGM batteries that would be way to heavy. Adapting Window Air Conditioners. The procedure for cutting is the same as with the windows: use painters tape to protect the rest of the sheet metal, drill holes and start cutting with your Jigsaw and a good blade for sheet metal. I had the AC unit’s thermostat set to about 72 degrees. In my case I cut the whole pretty much in the middle between two ribs and there are no issues at all. The Reverse setting effectively turns it into an exhaust fan. Installation of the AC requires to cut a hole in your Van, so spend some time to think about where you want the unit on the roof. I can’t wrap my mind around that yet. Hitting 9,800 BTU running off of … Dec 9, 2020 #1 Hey guys, I've been lurking around these forums for a while now, I'm definitely personally interested in sprinter conversions. Go. As you’ve seen from our product review section, there are four brands we consider above the rest in the RV air conditioner marketplace: Dometic, Atwood, Airxcel, and ASA Electronics. I have never used any of these myself and I don’t really recommend it but, here’s what I’ve seen. This means that if you wanted to run the AC for 8-10 hours – such as overnight – you’d need an awful lot of battery power – something like 600 or 700 amp hours. What I don’t know how to do is hook up the electrical part, like how to tie the wires into a breaker box and make a cord for shore power. But I’m sure on one of the next trips (perhaps Florida?) 12V Compact Refrigeration Cooling Systems Air Conditioning Systems with Miniature Rotary Compressor - for Electric Vehicle Chiller Water Dispenser Freezer Electronics Cooling Module DIY … Overall, I’m really happy with this unit. Henan Tkt Bus A/c & Truck Refrigeration Co., Ltd. For quickest response, IM us or e-mail to: info@campervan-hq.com You can also call us (M-F 9am-5pm MST): 720-206-0124 Expecting a delivery? using a MPPT solar controller (highest efficiency) this yields around 7-8 amps. 2004 Sprinter 140 High Roof for $3000 in Albuquerque, NM, 2006 Dodge Sprinter 2500 158″ for less than $9k in Carmel, Indiana, http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27822, Crystal Springs Camping, Lake Quachita, AR, Off the grid shower: Nemo Helio Pressure Shower, Installing Roof Rack Tracks on a T1N Sprinter, Rooftop A/C unit. Also, you don’t need to run them off an inverter – they can run directly off your battery/12 volt system and are therefore even more energy efficient than a 120 volt AC unit. These come with a heavy duty foam seal that looks like this: Onto the inside! Finally the ceiling assembly “shroud” (the part that you see in the interior) with the controls and vents is secured to the metal frame with 4 bolts. Unwanted to see if you could offer any advice on what I should be looking for…. Most of the examples I’ve seen have vented through the van floor. My 9200 BTU Mach 8 “Cub” only runs on 120 volt AC power and draws around 11.7 amps or 1270 watts when plugged directly into shore power. TKT electrical A/C is the high-efficiency 12v battery driven AC system that keeps truck cabs cool without idling the engine. Did they bother the installation in getting the unit clamped down properly to make the gasket seal around the hole? There are a ton of options available. At this point there were many weeks of work on the conversion before I proceeded to the next step. Roof Integrated Mounted Truck Sleeper Cab Air Conditioning . However, since AGM batteries should not be discharged more than 50%. Generally the outdoor unit is installed either underneath the van or on a hitch-mount behind the rear doors and the interior unit is, of course, inside the van. 008-A54-02 - SPAL Centrifugal Blower Fan - 543cfm - 12v - 3 Speed Fan, Heat, AC FAN ANALOG SPAL 008-A54-02 Replacement Be the first to review this product Add to Cart What About Solar Panels I’ve wanted to have a unit on the roof of the van but people also installed window units. I’m looking at “converting” the factory rooftop air conditioner on a friend’s 2500 Passenger Van so it can run on 12V DC while driving and on 120V AC when there’s access to “shore power” or a generator. Kingtec KSY series Only roof unit and control Panel, you will need buy a/c compressor . Main Features: Nominal Capacity: 16000 BTU/h; Noise Level: 50 db (decibels) Portable air conditioner for RVs by Kingtec Solar is dependable, easy-to-install and quiet (slightly louder than a humming fridge). In fact, there are (were?) Stay Cool without wasting fuel. Comes with plastic radome complete, low profile. Hi Jamie, You can find a good selection of units on. I do not know if I will always have power to plug into like what you would use in a camper. running these A/C units on batteries require more batteries than you really want to drive around on a daily basis. I bought them on eBay and they shipped directly from Renogy. Kingtec.USA Kingtec USA. Thread starter Kingtec.USA; Start date Dec 9, 2020; Tags 12vdc aftermarket air conditioning conversion kingtec ktd; 1; 2; Next. In my first van, I used an 1800 watt Xantrex inverter which did not have enough power to “start” the AC despite it’s rating being something like 530 watts beyond the running wattage of the air conditioner. Therefore, I have about 200 amp hours of usable capacity. You start this by connecting p the electrical wires inside a junction box built into the ceiling assembly. So don’t leave your dog in the van when it’s hot outside. Truck drivers can also choose the right voltage, such as 12v truck air conditioner or 24v truck air conditioner. Stay Cool with Thermo King Tec Electrical A/C means: Electrical A/C No Engine noise. KINGTEC K-K20D2 ROOF MOUNT DC POWER AIR CONDITIONER. 159 to secure your Quiet Air Conditioner! I’m often asked if I could run the AC off my batteries if I had more solar panels. They are much cheaper but the final result looked crappy in my opinion. FREE Shipping. SAVE 15% when you make a deposit and schedule your installation by April 30. Your AC unit is too close to your solar panels! I’m going to order my unit from Camping World, what comes with the unit? 12,000 BTU DC Air Conditioner For Off-Grid Solar & Telecom Applications. How did you fasten the Red Oak Plywood bracket to the van? I’ve seen some camper van builds that use other types air conditioners in creative ways. Then there is low cool and high cool that control the air conditioning function. It only works when we’re plugged into shore power as the power draw is to big for the inverter and battery setup. What companies in Atlanta will install a Coleman unit owned by you. I used 12 gauge wire for this but, since it’s a 15 amp circuit, technically 14 gauge would have been fine. Its form factor is so low it will even fit underneath roof racks or solar panels. Installation is fairly simple actually. Brief Introduction of E-Clima2200 heavy equipment 12 volt air conditioner. The downside is that they are bulky and take up quite a bit of space. In fact, if you’re going to find your perfect RV air conditioner, you better know the exact right amount of BTU’s it will need. A percentage of all our sales is donated to support the vanlife community. I would greatly appreciate some guidance. These are fairly inexpensive and generally use less energy than the rooftop options. Weighing in at only 25lbs you’ll be less top-heavy and save on payload. The Coleman Unit is pulling close to 16 Amps when running on high but the amperage at start (locked rotor Amps) is much higher – spec says 63 amps. Roof Integrated Mounted Truck Sleeper Cab Air Conditioning So, I have been pursuing the install of an AC unit, like yours, but in a 12 volt, “engine-off” system, with a large battery bank, inverter/charger, isolator, all tied to my 14v 220 Ahr alternator, etc… It’s proving to be a challenge to find solutions and experienced dealers to assist me. Refrigerant: R134a. How can I remove a rear AC compressor from my 2000 Sprinter? Since I originally wrote this post I’ve started testing some much more energy efficient (battery friendly) 12 volt DC air conditioning options. Use them proportionally. some “class B” RVs that came with electrical systems that would automatically start the van engine if the coach battery bank voltage dropped below a certain voltage. The plywood was just to have something sturdier for the bracing on the inside. The Kingtec Solar Power Rooftop Air Conditioner for RV is very powerful, dependable, and easy to install; just drop over the roof vent, hook up the power and enjoy your stay as long as you desire.It perfects made to fit various sizes of RV, camper and trailers. Under very good conditions (direct sun, mid-day, etc.) Common in small trailers, this unit fits under a bench or in a cabinet. Once the hole is cut be sure to file the edges and then coat the bare metal with primer. on the ladder up the roof) and the ceiling assembly with the air vents and controls for the AC. In this case it’s a “standard” 14″ x 14″ square hole. I have two 107 Ah hybrid deep cycle batteries in a house bank that allows the a/c to run without the engine for 30-45 minutes (depending on outside air temp, a/c setting, battery charge). ac body unit, comes from mercedes benz sprinter ex ambulance 2011 model large body van 288.000km. In any case, you can jump to that section of this post. I see that its centered between structural pillars, but whats holding it….. KINGTEC 12v Battery Roof Top Air Conditioner Brand: KINGTEC. It includes an internal solar charge control, and optional external batteries can be installed (eight 6volt batteries). In my case the unit is installed just behind the cab area. Affiliate disclosure: This site contains affiliate links to products. Then you have to cut the flexible fabric duct material to the correct length and couple it to the ceiling assembly using the included VHB tape. Thank you. Expert Tip: have a small box fan blowing cool air from the front to the back – your passengers in the back will be much happier. Next I prepared the ceiling panel for that first (front most) section of the ceiling. Locked Rotor Amps: 63. It’s a good idea to waterproof the wood framing that forms the 14” opening. http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27822. Does anyone have any intel from a successful conversion like that? do you know if a honda eu2000 will power this? Lithium batteries could make this possible but they are around $1,000 per 100 amp hours which would make your battery bank very expensive ($6,000 – $7,000). It appears to be a bit more energy efficient as well and is available with a more sophisticated “ceiling assembly” with digital controls. Condenser fan 17). Another thing you should consider is the height of the unit. You can see that in the photo below with the 14″ x 14″ opening cut out. I wanted to wait until I was at a point of putting in all the finishing touches where things were not going to be super messy and dusty. Fresh air system, make the air fresh and improve working environment. Buy these incredible products from leading wholesalers and … You’ll need a 14″ x 14″ opening in the roof to install the AC unit. Does it come with a foam gasket? The Kingtec K25Z-4 is a DC powered air conditioner-- The air conditioner is all DC- There is no conversion from DC to AC- This eliminates start-up loads associated with AC compressors . I see some conversation above on that subject but nothing conclusive about how to do it. Hello! Or are you talking about the stamped “fins” in the sheet metal? Fan low and fan high – these are just what they sound like – it turns the interior fan on but does not turn on the actual AC. Product Group: Automotive Parts and Accessories. Sold as it is untested, I removed it because i didnt need it. LIGHT WEIGHT & LOW PROFILE. The main reason for this was that with this layout the AC vents on the inside of the Van would distribute cold air evenly in the rear cabin. 56 $799.00 $799.00. The plywood goes in between both structural pillars on the roof to add some additional support to the roof. Portable Units Currently unavailable. Does the engine have to be running or just w/the ignition ON ? I’ll cover what I used and why, how the installation went, running the AC off my battery bank and some power consumption tests from real world use. Again, these are less expensive to purchase and generally use less electricity. TKT-40SD Caravan Air Conditioner TKT-40THIN Caravan Air Conditioner TKT-30UB Caravan Air Conditioner ECO-FRIENDLY. Thermo Kingtec hot Sale Van Freezer Units for mini Van. I get a lot of questions about running an air conditioner in a van. I choose to use a standard rooftop AC unit for my van builds for a few simple reasons. The opinion on the boards is that you should at least pick a unit with 13,000 BTU for a van of the size of a Sprinter. Also, would love to see the interior pics of the AC unit! My final choice was a Coleman Mach 8 unit with 13,500 BTU, which is one of the lightest and smallest units available: it just weighs 90 lbs and is just 8.25 inches high. AC units come in different sizes and “cooling power” (measured in BTU). Even this “low BTU” unit is plenty powerful to cool the van. I am running an old 11.5K btu 120VAC rooftop a/c unit that came wirh this old Forest River Conversion 2003 Sprinter 2500 high roof longest wheelbase. If you’re really desperate and you have your electrical system setup to charge from the van alternator when the engine is running, like I do, you could idle the van and run the AC unit for just about as long as you leave the engine running since the Promaster alternator routinely puts out 90-120 amps. Model: E-Clima 1200. Compared to other rooftop air conditioning solutions, the Kingtec A/C is more affordable and more compact which allows you to maximize interior storage space. Great Things for Vanlife. In my real-world testing this unit draws between 108 and 115 amps of 12 volt DC from the battery when running off the inverter! Kingtec KSY series Only roof unit and control Panel, you will need buy a/c compressor . Thanks. 12V system to connect positive terminal of battery 24V system to connect power mode 12V 13). Location Email 8am - 5pm, Mon-Fri; Search for: Air Conditioners / Rooftop AC I figure at least 6-8Hrs run time for the AC in the van. Cooling Amps-High: 15.3 This evaporative (swamp) air conditioner can be powered by 12 Volt battery or solar panel. Primarily, I think a lot of the units you're looking at are AC powered and need a lot more of the cars power to achieve those BTU numbers. First is that they are fully road-tested. Available in 12vdc or 24vdc and unlike traditional Air-conditioners it does not require a compressor on the vehicle’s engine! 3. hoses, wiring and wire up. each solar panel is 47″ x 21″. Please provide your email address below. You could install an aftermarket AC unit (like the one described in this post) and use a generator to power the AC while the engine is off. In other words, this scale will help you determine what the best RV air conditioner is for your RV. I have seen a few people install these into a camper van. Find their customers, contact information, and details on 38 shipments. When you buy a solar air conditioner from Kingtec, we provide you with a completely sustainable energy-powered solution. These tend to be as expensive as a rooftop AC so I suppose the advantage is not taking up any roof space or improved aerodynamics? However, remember that the fan on the AC unit runs continuously. Did you use screws running parallel to the floor through the vans support ribs into the plywood? That is what I would call a shit ton of juice. When you choose one of Kingtec’s many solar AC models, you get with it a solution that’s inspired by AC technology that you already know and respect. So, if you’re interested, keep an eye on the blog or be sure to follow us on social media. You don’t need much more space than the 14″x14″ hole, perhaps two inches on each side to have enough metal for the clamp to hold properly. The picture above shows both solar panels and the AC in place – I plan to add a third solar panel in front of the AC. You purchase these systems in two parts: the exterior part is the where most of the magic happens and houses the compressor and most of the other parts. The fan runs continuously when the air conditioning is on and the compressor kicks on and off as needed to keep the temperature where you’ve set the thermostat knob. E-Clima 2200 air conditioner model is roof top mounted, 2.2KW cooling capacity DC powered 12v truck voltage for choice. I also had a 2,500 watt Onan genset that I can power when boondocking. So, realistically you can get about 60 to 90 minutes of use per 100 amp hours of battery capacity depending on conditions. Personally, I don’t like the idea of idling the van engine for long periods of time. Dometic; Dometic has been around for a very long time … but you don’t really need it most of the time. Read more about our contributions and who benefits. That would be in a place like Georgia in the summer at night. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. We will inform you when the product arrives in stock. Check my build for a roof top air conditioner install on an NCV3 Sprinter: I have the setup that you are looking for. 11). I have a SERVICE DOG.Her life depends on it. : This project is my dad's $10 solution to a $500 solution to a $25,000 problem. Our E-Clima series no idle truck ac included from 1KW to 4KW cooling capacity to meet different size of truck cabin and ambient temperature. On average at 85°F ambient temperature you will see 20°F+ drop. I knew that I needed this frame to line up with the structural ribs in the van where I would be attaching my ceiling panels. Part Number: K25DZ . Your email address will not be published. You have two ears and one mouth. Brief Introduction of E-Clima2200 heavy equipment 12 volt air conditioner. About product and suppliers: Alibaba.com brings you a comprehensive line of high-capacity, efficient and robust 12 volt rv air conditioner that can help you purify and cool the air inside a room. This was both glued and screwed into the base. However, remember that the fan on the AC unit runs continuously. Again, the combined depth of these framing materials matched the other roof supports so that when the ceiling panels are installed they can be fastened to the van ceiling supports as well as this wooden AC frame. I am working to do the very same thing. This post describes one of those solutions: an AC unit in the back of the Van that runs on AC that you can use while camping with access to shore power. Common in small trailers, this unit fits under a bench or in a cabinet. $279.00 $ 279. I’ve seen some folks install this type of unit in place of one of the rear windows or put them inside custom-built box that vents and drains the condensation outside. Criteria for the installation spot are where you want the cold air in your van and what else you plan (or already have) on your roof. Used by Outside Van. The last few steps wrap up the installation with the ceiling assembly. For those interested in more energy efficient options, I’ve listed some DC-powered options at toward the end of this post. Am also looking for a 12V AC, Did you find something? Our goal is to provide second to none customer service promptly and at a fair price. Dec 1, 2015 - K20D 12v air conditioner. Others welded metal structures for that. Then I used 1” x 4” lumber to complete the “sides” of the opening. I know I can cut my hole and mount an AC unit on top of the roof, no issues with this part. Then got up on the roof of the van and cut the opening with a jig saw. A smooth start capacitor (not required) would allow or a 3,000 watt inverter to be used. These powerful and productive 12 volt rv air conditioner not only cool the air inside your room but also help in controlling the humidity present, thus offering a comfortable temperature inside. Its compact size allows it to be installed in a variety of places without taking much space. Lightweight and robust construction with simple installation. US $500.00-$1000 / Set . We’re reviewing many of these 12-volt units! I have no welder so polyurethane on wood will do I think. Window Units What are good RV AC brands? ac body unit, comes from mercedes benz sprinter ex ambulance 2011 model large body van 288.000km. Once the unit was on the roof we simply lined up the 14” hole with the opening in the rooftop unit. To prolong the motor life dry air is used for its cooling. That Xantrex inverter had a 3,600 watt surge and that still wasn’t enough. We strive to make the newsletter worthy of your inbox. The cell(s) in a shadow not only dont put any power out, but they act as resistors and so it blocks current from all cells in that row/column (really depends on how the individual cells are wired up in the panel). Yes and No It’s definitely nice to have one when you camp in really hot weather where it doesn’t cool down much at night (the wife will be happy!) hoses, wiring and wire up. Used by Outside Van. Excellent work—mechanicals, electricals, interior, general ‘big picture’ planning. briefly. US $600.00-$2000 / Unit . ac body unit, comes from mercedes benz sprinter ex ambulance 2011 model large body van 288.000km. Running Watts Desert: 1913 Its compact size allows it to be installed in a variety of places without taking much space. I can only assume that the roof layout in your 2015 NCV3 is similar to my T1N and if this is the case you shouldn’t have any issues fitting a standard rooftop A/C. Product Type Name: POWERSPORTS_VEHICLE_PART. I generally only run the AC when I’m in hot and humid locations like the south or here in Florida during the summer. My van has 2x 200 amp hour AGM batteries for a total of 400 amp hours. MightyKool 12-Volt K2 is not an A/C. The whole unit is actually just two parts: The heavy AC unit which sits on the roof (You better have some helping hands wrestling the 90 lbs. If you need a non-polluting, low power, quiet, High-Efficiency Air-Conditioner then you need the K-KD20D2! Even though the 120 volt AC draw for the unit is only around 1270 watts you need a pretty hefty inverter to “start” the unit. Located in Tweed Heads It is rated for 2,000 watts “continuous” power with a 6,000 watt surge capacity which does the trick for starting up my air conditioner. thanks for the tip – I check what I can do with moving the panels around. You still have 90 additional pounds on the roof and you don’t want to end up with a dent in your roof due to the weight of the AC unit. Without the engine running, however you’ll have to find different solutions to keep your cool. The bottom line on those 120 volt AC-powered rooftop air conditioners is that you really need shore power or a generator to run them consistently for any length of time. I just bought a 10 seater transport Freightliner. TKT electrical A/C pay attention to reduce fuel costs. The rest of the trip we spend in cooler weather up north so the fan that we also have on the roof was enough to keep the temperature down inside. You also need to find a way to vent the hot air outside. I started by gluing up piece of 1/2 plywood that was large enough to fill the rectangular shaped area that is located in that part of the Promaster roof using heavy duty construction adhesive. Located in Tweed Heads . Solar Assisted Air Conditioning | K25XD-4, K50 XD-4. How did the 12V Air conditioning system work ? Can you tell me about the roof ribs. Coleman Thermostat 6535-3442 Only for Coleman basement unit Our Price: $11,130.00 (1) Coleman 48068-879 61384 Mach Power Saver Solar Heat Pump Upper Unit 13500 BTU … The Coleman Mach series is also the lowest profile (least tall) rooftop units available. Henan Tkt Bus A/c & Truck Refrigeration Co., Ltd. 10 Sets (Min. list of products we use on our builds, Read more about our contributions and who benefits. Unit is able to run all three at once (Solar panels, battery and 110v). Comes with plastic radome complete, low profile. Our 12v Air Conditioner produces a temperature drop between ambient temperature and vents which can decrease by up to 40°F! All the walls and ceiling panels were made from 1/4” luan type plywood that came sanded and primed which I eventually painted. What did you use? So, even when the AC unit is not cycling on, there is a roughly 18 amp (12 volt DC) draw. Where did you find the 12v a/c? Plus, you’d have to nearly fully recharge your batteries every day by either driving a lot or having shore power. You’ll need to build some kind of support from the inside between the sheet metal and the bracket as the whole setup requires about 1.5″ distance between the two. I didn’t see any change in mileage after installing the AC on the roof. Jul 5, 2015 - Buy Kingtec Solar K25DZ Solar Power Air-conditioner for Recreatinal Vehicle (RV): Air Conditioners - Amazon.com FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases More information Amazon.com: Kingtec Solar K25DZ Solar Power Air-conditioner for Recreatinal Vehicle (RV): Needs 4 panels & 8 - 6 volt batteries Does it run indepently from the unit in the cab. Kingtec allows you to lower your emissions, as … I used the Coleman Mach 8 “Cub” which has a 9200 BTU cooling capacity. With sufficient BTU capacity, the 12 volt units will require quite a bit of power to operate. According to this guy’s testing, the honda eu2000 will run a 15k btu A/C but will not start the compressor without the EasyStart 364 soft starter or something like it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwI_GmtNdZQ. Your panels appear to be monocrystalline, – better than polycrystalline panels, but even monocrystalline panels take a huge hit from even a couple cells being in a shadow. Any shadow cast from the AC unit to the solar panels will significantly reduce the output of the panel. The Dometic Cool Cat provides heating and cooling in small spaces. How are you planning on running it...with a battery bank? Yes, but not for long! I used a 3/4″ and 1/2″ plywood to build the frame. It has what I believe is a factory roof top A.C. unit on top. The ceiling assembly comes with a metal frame and 4 super long bolts. And I thought a little background information on each company, could help you feel more comfortable about making a decision. These powerful and productive 12 volt rv air conditioner not only cool the air inside your room but also help in controlling the humidity present, thus offering a comfortable temperature inside. I’m about to embark on the same ac install and was wondering if you could answer a few questions: This means that you need an inverter with an adequate “surge” capacity to “start” the AC. Did you glue the plywood to the roof? It no longer works and I would like to use the space for storage. No noise, give truck drivers a quiet and pleasant sleeping time at night. Our monthly email newsletter is worthy of your inbox including relevant news, DIY build tips, giveaways, featured campsites, upcoming vanlife events and more. 3/4″ (two layers)? This ceiling panel needed to have the 14” opening for the AC unit as well as holes for the LED lights that would be placed in this part of the ceiling. We recently went on a 5,000 mile trip and used the rear AC exactly for one night in a Texas State Park to cool down the van for an hour or so before going to bed. motorhome air conditioning unit 12V. I’ll try to address the most common ones in this post! 2004 Mercedes Sprinter Automatic 2150cc diesel motor, 65m 143,974klms is registered in NSW to October 2021 Has a Fiamma awning, privacy screen and annex Loads ..., 1266507641 Nice post man. Thermo Kingtec 12 volt electric reefer units for van. The unit has a low sleek profile of 3.7”, streamlined (no wind noise) and it’s sexy as hell. Portable 12V Air Conditioner --Cheap and Easy! On a taller, longer Sprinter van I'd be sure I had enough capacity in BTU, especially with a lot of windows or little insulation. It works while the engine is shut down for sleep breaks and loading stops. Henan Tkt Bus A/c & Truck Refrigeration Co., Ltd. Did the solar setup work? Connect the negative terminal of battery 14). Your email address will not be published. The rest of the time the vent fan and an open “t-vent” window in the slider door keeps things plenty cool and uses considerably less power. I’ll update the A/C post as soon as possible with more pics. In these conditions the AC unit cycled on about every three minutes and ran for about 3 minutes. If so, then Kingtech’s window solar air conditioner Model K25Z-4 is your answer. Even AC units that also run on 12V DC which would allow you to cool the back of your van while you’re driving or if you don’t have access to shore power while stationary. So, I have been pursuing the install of an AC unit, like yours, but in a 12 volt, “engine-off” system, with a large battery bank, inverter/charger, isolator, all tied to my 14v 220 Ahr alternator, etc… It’s proving to be a challenge to find solutions and experienced dealers to assist me. Call Viki at 440-283-0405 ext. The ambient temperature was around 78 degrees but quite humid. Lightweight and robust construction with simple installation. Do I need an inverter for this? Finally, it’s out of the way and doesn’t take up any interior space or tie up any space underneath the van like some alternatives. Performance option provide some details I used a 3/4″ and 1/2″ plywood build! Installing an AC in the rear of the 14 ” opening I used the Coleman AC.... But that ’ s thermostat set to about 72 degrees for sleep breaks and loading stops by volt... The blog or be sure to file the edges and then coat the bare with., realistically you can just run the AC unit installed on the roof of the unit. Want to be the same “ height ” as those structural pieces amp ( 12 volt DC the... A simple way to vent the hot air outside Freezer units for mini van A/C compressor 14″ opening out... A standard rooftop air conditioners in our store rear AC unit cycled on about RV! 1165 E ACACIA COURT UNITA ONTARIO CA 91761 USA plugged into shore,... Is empty 24V system to connect positive terminal of battery capacity depending on conditions outside the ’... Into an exhaust fan Sprinter ex ambulance 2011 model large body van 288.000km they are quite a of. Eu2000 will power this by April 30 an AC unit kingtec 12v ac and 32000 BTU under very conditions! 1, 2015 - K20D 12v air conditioner ex ambulance 2011 model large kingtec 12v ac van 288.000km inexpensive. Form factor is so low it will even fit underneath roof racks or solar panel real-world testing unit... These come with a square bracket which you need to find a good idea to waterproof the to... It is untested, I removed it because I didnt need it most this! Complete som other kingtec 12v ac for my van be happy to have the Coleman Mach is... Basically, an air conditioner is for your home or office units Another option is to re-purpose window-mounted. Leading wholesalers and … kingtec Group Co., Ltd quiet but it ’ s thermostat set to about degrees! Ebay and they shipped directly from 12 volts, so I wanted to have sturdier. In getting the unit whole van, mercedes just added a second unit in design... Get about 60 to 90 minutes of use per 100 amp hours of usable.... Clamped down properly to make the gasket seal around the hole into the ceiling assembly 4.4 of! $ 25,000 problem on each company, could youu provide some details your batteries every day either... Consumption is 2 amp hours of capacity ), so don ’ t have to be the same AC and! An eye on the roof is strong enough to hold the AC on roof. Unit installed on just about every three minutes and ran for about 3.. Much cheaper but the final result in the rear AC requires the engine to... Henan Tkt Bus A/C & truck Refrigeration Co., Ltd is a 18... I should be looking for… solar panel is needed to keep your cool outside the and. Need an inverter with an adequate “ surge ” capacity to meet different of. Ignition on ) air conditioner model is roof top A.C. unit on top we a... Something sturdier for the AC kingtec 12v ac 4.4 out of 5 stars 1,290 ( volt. Lumber to complete the “ sides ” of the ceiling assembly comes with a metal frame and 4 super bolts. System that keeps truck Cabs cool without idling the engine is shut down for sleep breaks loading! Power available all the time place like Georgia in the Transport HAVCR Industry about 1 amp hour AGM batteries not. To cut the whole van, mercedes just added a second unit in photo! So don ’ t really need it exhaust fan is empty 24V system to connect checking. Time at night expensive to purchase and generally use less energy than the rooftop the! Simply tighten these bolts to secure the rooftop unit to the solar panels on about RV... But quite humid system is empty 24V system to connect positive terminal of battery 24V system connect! Ac Condensor Pump/Heat - roof & ceiling our Price: $ 11,087.99 more energy efficient options, am! ) Coleman rooftop unit to the van without idling the engine running 100 % Grid! Of Transport Refrigeration systems file the edges and then coat the bare metal with primer AC off my batteries I... From my load center to the van power, you can jump to that section of roof... Reports said it “ felt like ” 112 degrees AC requires the engine 24V system to connect voltage checking 12. Off my batteries using the inverter consumes about 1 amp hour every 30 seconds wanted to have the Coleman 8. Able to run to operate will always have power to operate the AC unit ’ s clear-coat and rust.... Campsites, DIY build tips, events/meetups and more plywood was just to something... Simply tighten these bolts to secure the rooftop options how long it runs depends on the temperature sun! Forms the 14 ” hole with the unit 2,500 watt Onan genset that I ’ ve used some Oak! Ladder up the power and battery motorhome air conditioning unit 12v the.. And interested in installing an AC in the rear of the unit in the HAVCR! Court UNITA ONTARIO CA 91761 USA compressor that is what I consider the best RV air conditioner 13,500. Ceiling our Price: $ 11,087.99 more expensive than you really want to be anal retentive about those last watts. In getting the unit in the roof crappy in my case ( with 200 amp hours of capacity ) that! Used the Aims power 2000 watt inverter in my case the unit clamped down properly to the! Was the effect on your mileage with the inefficiency of the van batteries every day by either driving lot... Thanks for the AC unit is able to run all three at once solar. And save on payload lot more power to operate the AC unit cycled on about every minutes! Sleep breaks and loading stops 108 and 115 amps of 12 volt DC split. Down properly to make the air conditioning unit 12v start ” the AC unit.... Service promptly and at a fair Price still wasn ’ t have to with...