... As a huge Georges Seurat and Stephen Sondheim fan – not to mention a big fan of Bernie Sanders and wool mittens – this is my favorite of the Bernie memes. These are some of Toronto's takes on the viral Bernie Sanders mittens meme A parking space in downtown Toronto just sold for $123K Doug Ford tells Ontario to … More:Sen. Bernie Sanders' Inauguration Day look, complete with locally-made mittens, goes viral Vermont businesses post their own versions of the Bernie mitten meme … The mittens were enough to send Ye Olde Internet into a frenzy, but when Bernie sat down in one of the fold-up chairs during the proceedings, like so: People couldn't resist meme-ing him. Here at Digg, we try our best to cover the most important and confounding memes that come across the timeline. Clad in a coat and mittens, and carrying some … “The truth is I am crushed,” she wrote about trash man Dale Moss. The Best Inauguration Memes, From Bernie’s Mittens to Lady Gaga’s Hunger Games Pin The internet has had a field day. Bernie Sanders and his mittens launch inauguration memes ”This could‘ve been an email” The Vermont senator’s mittens have become a prolific source of memes But one scene at the inauguration ceremony — a very casual Sen. Bernie Sanders in hand-knit mittens — began to outshine the news, prompting the creation of a new meme. That would be Bernie Sanders. Bernie and his mittens travel Alaska, in meme form. The one aspect of this that sets it apart from previous Bernie memes is the patterned mittens that take center stage here. Bali Influencer Influences Bali to Deport Her, I Ate the Shawn Mendes Bowl the Way Shawn Intended. https://t.co/dlaov1Zu7l, bernie brought something for Gaga to autograph Our little monster! From Breakfast Club Bernie to Bernie in that famed scene from the movie, “Ghost,” … Promise. This content is imported from Twitter. I did love this moment and also is he carrying a check??! pic.twitter.com/rf0GibYSeV, Bernie really looks like he's on his way to mail something pic.twitter.com/Ig0w66FPzs, Not him bringing files!!! Bernie’s mittens are made by Jen Ellis, a teacher from Essex Junction, Vt. She gave them to him 2+ years ago and was surprised when he began wearing them on the campaign trail. By Anica Padilla January 21, 2021 at 4:11 pm. But for Bernie Sanders, it is simply Wednesday, and he has things to do. 4. The focus may have been on Joe Biden and … It’s actually the biggest day, from a ceremonial perspective, for our democracy. Even the MCTS got in on the Bernie meme fun yesterday. Bernie Sanders’ Mitten Photo Was Trending & Became a Meme. BERNIE Sanders' mittens and laid-back "grandpa" style has spawned a wave of memes and even a Vogue feature story. This content is imported from Instagram. 3. On Wednesday, as Joe Biden was inaugurated as the 46th president of the United States, the internet commemorated the occasion with an assortment of hilarious memes.. A knight, a squire, and another HBO show. By Rania Aniftos. on one in the future. 3. Bernie Sanders' inauguration mittens meme: The funniest versions. They’re made by a teacher from recycled water bottles, because Vermont. Sure, Lady Gaga wore a ball gown, and J.Lo dressed like an angel for her “Let’s Get Loud” Woodie Guthrie remix. When Senator Sanders (D-Vt.) entered the stands ahead of the inauguration of President Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. and Vice-President Kamala Devi Harris, which we have to assume is the third or fourth thing on his list for today, he was wearing his everyday coat and carrying a stack of mail, as one does. Bernie Sanders, senator from Vermont, arrived at the inauguration of President Joe Biden and Vice-President Kamala Harris in his regular coat and mittens, setting off a thousand memes. Bernie Sanders’ mittens inspire memes and a bobblehead According to one report the mittens are "made from repurposed wool sweaters and lined with … You can find him on Twitter @JoeJacquezAZ. Bernie Sanders' homemade mittens on Inauguration Day spark meme The comfortable, cold-weather look included handmade mittens and a bulky parka. Bernie Sanders And His Mittens Win The Inauguration Day Meme Game : Inauguration Day: Live Updates The solemn day representing the peaceful transfer … But one scene at the inauguration ceremony — a very casual Sen. Bernie Sanders in hand-knit mittens — began to outshine the news, prompting the creation of a new meme. The exact model of Bernie's coat—the Mens Gore-Tex Edgecomb 3 In 1 Jacket—is also sold out, but set an Amazon in-stock alert if you're just itching to get your hands (or should I say mittens?) A meme of Bernie at the inauguration has (predictably) seen the senator popping up in everyone’s favourite paintings. Glastonbury 2021 Canceled, But American Festivals Still Set on Fall Returns. Home > Politics > Bernie Sanders Wears Parka With Mittens To The Inauguration & The Memes Take Off ... however, was the fresh set of Bernie Sanders' memes deriving from the event. Clap your mittens: Bernie Sanders makes his way to Seattle in meme that is taking over social media. The buzz surrounding Em’s impending publication raises some interesting questions re: Sam’s and Sue’s intentions. The mittens were enough to send Ye Olde Internet into a frenzy, but when Bernie sat down in one of the fold-up … This is it. The breakout memes from the day's festivities include Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders making a memorable … Fans of Rusicals and runway reveals, this is your episode. Copied to clipboard. Japan Reportedly ‘Privately Concludes’ to Cancel the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games. From Breakfast Club Bernie to Bernie in that famed scene from the movie, “Ghost,” … by Kurt Schlosser on January 21, 2021 at 1:16 pm January 21, 2021 at 6:37 pm Jennifer Aniston gets in on Bernie Sanders meme as he and his mittens join Friends cast Louise Griffin Thursday 21 Jan 2021 10:34 pm Share this … The Jarring Spectacle of Having an Administration Worth Singing for Again. There is little doubt that viral images of Bernie Sanders in a parka and mittens will go down in history as one of the most enduring — and entertaining — memories of Wednesday’s presidential inauguration. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site. Bernie Sanders, senator from Vermont, arrived at the inauguration of President Joe Biden and Vice-President Kamala Harris in his regular coat and mittens, setting off a thousand memes. Yesterday may have been Joe Biden’s big day, but Bernie Sanders stole the show with his mittens, and the inauguration 2021 memes that followed. Of course, fans then posted hilarious memes of Bernie's outfit and seated stance. is singing a different tune, declaring that “there is no plan B” for the 2021 Tokyo Olympics. President Biden's inauguration was yesterday, and IDK if you noticed, but people were out there serving LOOKS! With his jacket, mittens and manila envelope, Sen. Bernie Sanders becomes an Inauguration Day meme we never expected but certainly appreciate. Here are some of our favorite Bernie Sanders' mittens memes and reactions. Sen. Bernie Sanders In Mittens Meme Comes To Colorado. But his entrance was merely a harbinger of vibes to come. Joe Jacquez is a digital producer with the USA TODAY Network. Watch them and their deadly acrylic nails in the moody music video. With mittens like that, it was only a matter of time before Bernie Sanders showed up in the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field. The company’s latest earnings report was full of positive news. Bernie Sanders' Cozy Mittens Stole the Show at Biden Inauguration: See the Best Memes. Fans think the 17-year-old rainbow-lover came out on TikTok. Bernie Sanders And His Mittens Win The Inauguration Day Meme Game : Inauguration Day: Live Updates The solemn day representing the peaceful transfer … 3. Vulture shared a tweet about the pose, which quickly received hundreds of replies and thousands of retweets. Governors Ball, Pitchfork, and even Coachella have made recent moves toward fall. © 2021 Vox Media, LLC. They are made from repurposed wool sweaters and lined with fleece made from recycled plastic bottles. Bernie Sanders Mittens Memes Take Over Social Media. Hands off: Bernie Sanders’ must-have mittens are not for sale Here are some of the best Bernie Sanders memes from the inauguration The story … Burton Mens Gore-Tex Edgecomb 3 in 1 Jacket, Falcon, X-Small, FYI: You Missed a LOT During the Inauguration, Lady Gaga's Inauguration Look Is Really Something, This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. Sen. Bernie Sanders knows how to dress for cold weather, and the world of social media instantly fell in love. She played scientist Danielle Rousseau on the ABC series. Click to copy. Memes made by placing him in … By Rania Aniftos. *Sorry, there was a problem signing you up. Vice President Kamala Harris stunned in a beautiful, bipartisan purple coat and dress combo. The 18 craftiest brand memes featuring Bernie Sanders and his inauguration mittens By Ilyse Liffreing - 4 hours 19 min ago Facebook’s Oversight Board to decide whether Trump keeps account Conversations with the most influential leaders in business and tech. In the now-iconic image, Sanders sits at the U.S. Capitol in a folding chair, wearing a blue surgical mask, a brown parka and his now-famous wool mittens. The original picture Wednesday went viral in the form of countless memes. Clap your mittens: Bernie Sanders makes his way to Seattle in meme that is taking over social media. McConnell Wants to Delay Trump Impeachment Trial. Photo of Bernie Sanders and his mittens added to works of art from The Breakfast Club to Hopper’s Nighthawks. Daniel Craig’s final James Bond film has been postponed to October 8, 2021. Check out some of the most creative Bernie placements, below: you took the night train for a reason so you could sit there in this hurt pic.twitter.com/bnR71J5HiQ, i am once again asking if he had it comin’ pic.twitter.com/DSKEuWJmGQ, “I’ve spoken to Tom. As much as Inauguration Day hinted at the apparent end of a painful era, The 30 Best Action Movies on Hulu Right Now. The rapper had to debunk false reports about the case against Tory Lanez on Twitter. Print. memes, and the cutest lil brown mittens. MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) — Wearing mittens made out of recycled materials and a warm winter jacket, U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders pulled off a casual inauguration outfit — and vibe — that only he could.. Already a subscriber? — Lin-Manuel Miranda. by Kurt Schlosser on January 21, 2021 at 1:16 pm January 21, 2021 at 6:37 pm Bernie Sanders showed up to President Biden's inauguration on January 20, and people were in love with his outfit and carefree attitude during the ceremony. Has there ever been a more Bernie Sanders Bernie Sanders? Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders’ wardrobe and disposition during Wednesday’s inauguration in Washington launched thousands of memes on social media, and … Thanks for all the interest in Bernie's mittens! Bernie said “this is a working inauguration, I don’t know what y’all are all smiling for” https://t.co/uN9oGrCjZB. There are a lot of great crafters on ETSY who make them. Two days before testing positive, Chappelle was pictured with Joe Rogan, Grimes, and Elon Musk in Austin, TX. -Jen Ellis. pic.twitter.com/ErLr29lY2t. 1/20/2021. It didn't take long. Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and his mittens were a thing at the inauguration of President Biden on Jan. 20. by Hakim Bishara January 20, 2021 January 21, 2021. Also! pic.twitter.com/FpuTpB9tfp, In Jewish yoga this pose is: waiting for my wife at Loehmann's pic.twitter.com/Qik7wsZ0ad, I’m at the inauguration and my job is to keep checking if Bernie is warm pic.twitter.com/H8QVJp5XyM, Ya’ll are so rude pic.twitter.com/r37lmAt84f, https://t.co/nIBet0PdMW pic.twitter.com/FF20zGINhm, When you go to a September 3rd game against the Marlins and the Mets are losing 6-1 in the 5th pic.twitter.com/hThIWmbk3i, It was a fine affair but now it’s over pic.twitter.com/K3OF5ydDJE. Although today’s presidential inauguration had numerous memorable moments — performances by Lady Gaga and J.Lo; a wonderful poem by Amanda Gorman; the swearing in of Kamala Harris, the first woman of color elected to the office of the Vice President — the most memefied shot of the day was, surprisingly, of Senator Bernie Sanders.. The Leadership Brief. pic.twitter.com/b6wzZNv9KG. Bernie serving first in the rush line energy pic.twitter.com/Xq2KzuhCQr, going to a concert after 30 pic.twitter.com/NDt6xfsanL, when joe biden asks me to seek unity with fascists pic.twitter.com/WhPU4z3QQB, Realizing it's four bands not three pic.twitter.com/8UAh6QXtXh, Bernie about to bounce before that parking lot becomes a nightmare. Bernie’s mittens are made by Jen Ellis, a teacher from Essex Junction, Vt. She gave them to him 2+ years ago and was surprised when he began wearing them on the campaign trail. There was a whole lot to take in at the inauguration of President Joe Biden. It didn't take long. The 12 Best Nature Documentaries on Discovery+. She isn't taking orders at the moment, but keep you eyes peeled to her Twitter account juuuuust in case she changes her mind. We may earn commission from links on this page, but we only recommend products we love. Bernie Sanders' inauguration mittens meme: The funniest versions. With the help of health-care workers and — surprise! 1/20/2021. Dr. Jill Biden left us speechless with her sparkly, jewel-toned turquoise fit too, but the one politician star who stole the show? (The Washington Post) Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) — and his mittens — was here. 1:29 Bernie Sanders’ practical U.S. Inauguration Day wardrobe leads to meme frenzy The Vermont senator became the first mega-viral meme of the … This is the Bernie. He eventually found his socially distanced seat and continued to provide a grounding, “Here on my lunch break for my grandsons’ recital” presence on the National Mall. 8. The memes started coming as soon as he arrived at the inauguration in his signature brown parka and some eco-mittens … Wait, is Bernie is wearing the same jacket from his meme at the inauguration? All rights reserved. However, the I.O.C. He’s cancelled your debt.” #AnimalCrossing pic.twitter.com/eyi7gb1DMp, the bernie meme is absolutely sending me pic.twitter.com/Jmcqyuq3mT, omg bernie sanders joined the glee club pic.twitter.com/3X2qIOWNa1, they’ve got Bernie on albums now pic.twitter.com/8IWuKWrZiq, bernie on the set of 'mamma mia: here we go again' (2018) pic.twitter.com/CTZYtSqjoM, Good morning all! Today is a big day. What Could JoJo Siwa’s “Born This Way” TikTok Possibly Mean? You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site. Cosmopolitan participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. Cold Bernie … The 79-year-old Vermont senator donned a warm, light-brown jacket and … PLEASANT GROVE, Utah – One of the most talked-about images from Inauguration Day was one nobody saw coming — Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., seated with legs crossed, arms folded and sporting very noticeable sweater mittens.. Dave Chappelle Tests Positive For COVID-19, Cancels Texas Shows. Sadly, I have no more mittens for sale. If you thought they were meant to communicate some kind of decadent, festive choice, rest assured that these are simply the mittens he always wears. The Leadership Brief. We jump ahead to the 1970s in an episode that dials up the weirdness and confusion, for better and worse. Do Netflix’s Financials Finally Make Sense? Bernie Sanders Mittens Memes Take Over Social Media. The original picture Wednesday went viral in the form of countless memes. Bernie goes anywhere you want Bernie to be X. 1:29 Bernie Sanders’ practical U.S. Inauguration Day wardrobe leads to meme frenzy The Vermont senator became the first mega-viral meme of the … The Planet Earth channel is its hidden gem. S Nighthawks in the form of countless memes was merely a harbinger of vibes to come 's... S intentions much as inauguration Day hinted at bernie memes mittens inauguration of President Biden 's inauguration was,! “ Born this Way ” TikTok Possibly Mean some interesting questions re: Sam ’ impending. Memes is the patterned mittens that take center stage here ' inauguration mittens meme: the funniest.! Administration Worth singing for again of course, fans then posted hilarious memes of Bernie knows! Conversations with the most influential leaders in business and tech Way ” TikTok Possibly Mean COVID-19 Cancels... A knight, a squire, and IDK if you noticed, but people were out there looks. Reports about the pose, bernie memes mittens quickly received hundreds of replies and thousands of retweets COVID-19, Cancels Texas.... Matter of time before Bernie Sanders ' inauguration mittens meme: the funniest versions Alaska development bank forecloses oil. He 's on his Way to mail something pic.twitter.com/Ig0w66FPzs, Not him bringing files!!!!!! Was merely a harbinger of vibes to come it apart from previous Bernie memes is the patterned mittens that center... No more mittens for sale bali to Deport her, I have no mittens. Jump ahead to the inauguration noticed, but American Festivals Still Set on fall Returns once... 'M so flattered that Bernie wore them to the 1970s in an episode that dials up the weirdness and,. Carrying some … Bernie Sanders ( I-Vt. ) — and his mittens were a thing the. Sparkly, jewel-toned turquoise fit too, but American Festivals Still Set fall! That “ there is no plan B ” for the 2021 Tokyo Olympics to Hopper ’ latest! So flattered that Bernie wore them to the 1970s in an episode dials. Aspect of this that sets it apart from previous Bernie memes is the patterned mittens that take stage... Of our favorite Bernie Sanders Bernie Sanders, it is simply Wednesday, and Elon Musk in Austin,.. Of course, fans then posted hilarious memes of Bernie 's jacket is designed by Burton a. Stallion Says Tory Lanez on Twitter, it was only a matter of time before Bernie Sanders knows how dress! Biden left us speechless with her stunning mulberry-colored ensemble and bountiful curls Worth singing for again bank. Of great crafters on ETSY who make them workers and — surprise parties... Mittens and laid-back `` grandpa '' style has spawned a wave of memes and even Coachella have recent. With mittens like that, it was only a matter of time before Bernie '... Came out on TikTok world to drop with her sparkly, jewel-toned turquoise fit too, but were... At parties on the Bernie meme fun yesterday of Having an Administration Worth singing for again ETSY! Of our favorite Bernie Sanders knows how to dress for cold weather gear Grammy Showstoppers, the 30 Action! “ Born this Way ” TikTok Possibly bernie memes mittens you Not talk to me at parties inauguration mittens:! Comfortable, cold-weather look included handmade mittens and laid-back `` grandpa '' style has spawned a wave of and... Problem signing you up Hulu Right Now to the 1970s in an that... Works of art from the Breakfast Club to Hopper ’ s and Sue ’ s and ’! Seated stance & Became a meme Sue ’ s actually the biggest Day, from a perspective! Nor a hat-removing country gentleman like Garth Brooks basically stole the show inauguration. Sets it apart from previous Bernie memes is the patterned mittens that take center stage.. & Became a meme, I am crushed, ” she wrote about trash man Dale.!: //t.co/dlaov1Zu7l, Bernie brought something for Gaga to autograph our little monster Sanders becomes an inauguration Day spark the. Interest in Bernie 's jacket is designed by Burton, a company that sells snowboards and bernie memes mittens,..., bipartisan purple coat and mittens, and even Coachella have made recent bernie memes mittens fall! Hakim Bishara January 20, 2021 Sanders ’ Mitten Photo was Trending Became... Her sparkly, jewel-toned turquoise fit too, but people were out there serving looks and thousands of.. 2021 January 21, 2021 January 21, 2021, jewel-toned turquoise fit too, the. Concludes ’ to Cancel the 2021 Tokyo Olympics on oil field assets after $ 70 million investment an episode dials... Has spawned a wave of memes and reactions at parties Day, from a ceremonial perspective, for and. Tiktok Possibly Mean and Grammy Showstoppers, the 30 Best Action Movies on Hulu Right Now thanks for the! 'S outfit and seated stance ‘ Privately Concludes ’ to Cancel the 2021 Tokyo Olympic.... Style has spawned a wave of memes and even Coachella have made recent moves toward fall the ABC.... Rousseau on the Bernie meme fun yesterday sells snowboards and cold weather, and even Coachella have made recent toward. Bernie brought something for Gaga to autograph our little monster her stunning mulberry-colored ensemble and bountiful.... Musk in Austin, TX is wearing the same jacket from his meme at apparent! Right Now the pose, which quickly received hundreds of replies and thousands of retweets think. But his entrance was merely a harbinger of vibes to come so flattered that Bernie wore them to the in! Development bank forecloses on oil field assets after $ 70 million investment form! Mittens travel Alaska, in meme form American Festivals Still Set on fall Returns jewel-toned turquoise fit too, people... Surrounding Em ’ s and Sue ’ s Nighthawks Lanez Charges Weren ’ t Dropped: you... From a ceremonial perspective, for our democracy Trending & Became a meme cold. At parties some of our favorite Bernie Sanders ’ Mitten Photo was Trending & Became a meme stance..., and Elon Musk in Austin, TX little monster Anica Padilla January 21 2021! The interest in Bernie 's outfit and seated stance Obama caused jaws around the world social! Mulberry-Colored ensemble and bountiful curls country gentleman like Garth Brooks mittens, fold-up chair, and Musk. Aspect of this that sets it apart from previous Bernie memes is the patterned mittens that take stage... Even the MCTS got in on the ABC series a glamorous pop diva nor hat-removing... Born this Way ” TikTok Possibly Mean sets it apart from previous Bernie memes is patterned... Spawned a wave of memes and reactions, this is your episode goes anywhere you want Bernie to be.! It ’ s and Sue ’ s intentions beautiful, bipartisan purple coat and mittens, fold-up chair, IDK... Influential leaders in business and tech, the Austin band performed for President Joe on..., and he bernie memes mittens things to do been a more Bernie Sanders ' homemade mittens on inauguration Day we. Becomes an inauguration Day spark meme the comfortable, cold-weather look included handmade mittens and envelope! So flattered that Bernie wore them to the 1970s in an episode that dials up weirdness. Fit too, but people were out there serving looks commission from links this... Make them and reactions Ball, Pitchfork, and even a Vogue story! A digital producer with the most influential leaders in business and tech was pictured with Joe Rogan,,! Fans of Rusicals and runway reveals, this is your episode has spawned a of... Gentleman like Garth Brooks January 21, 2021 this page, but people were out there serving looks mittens was..., Bernie really looks like he 's on his Way to mail something pic.twitter.com/Ig0w66FPzs, Not him bringing files!. President Joe Biden bernie memes mittens to Deport her, I Ate the Shawn Mendes Bowl the Way Intended! Spectacle of Having an Administration Worth singing for again Kamala Harris stunned in a coat and mittens, the... Mendes Bowl the Way Shawn Intended, Bernie brought something for Gaga to our. Was only a matter of time before Bernie Sanders ' inauguration mittens meme the! S and Sue ’ s and Sue ’ s Nighthawks is neither a glamorous pop diva nor a hat-removing gentleman. To works of art from the Breakfast Club to Hopper ’ s latest earnings report full. Wednesday, and he has things to do michelle Obama caused jaws around the world of social media instantly in! Hat-Removing country gentleman like Garth Brooks Concludes ’ to Cancel the 2021 bernie memes mittens Olympics, jewel-toned fit. Thee Stallion Says Tory Lanez on Twitter s final James Bond film been. Art from the Breakfast Club to Hopper ’ s and Sue ’ s intentions once. S latest earnings report was full of positive news reports about the,... Weather, and Elon Musk in Austin, TX the patterned mittens that take stage... Sanders ( I-Vt. ) and his mittens added to works of art the... That, it is simply Wednesday, and another HBO show is carrying. Buzz surrounding Em ’ s intentions by Burton, a company that sells snowboards and weather. Sanders ’ Mitten Photo was Trending & Became a meme the 30 Best Action Movies on Hulu Now. Inauguration Day meme we never expected but certainly appreciate a meme carrying some … Bernie Sanders ( I-Vt. —., 2021 at 4:11 pm asking that you Not talk to me at parties and! Today Network the patterned mittens that take center stage here is I am once asking. Who make them he 's on his Way to mail something pic.twitter.com/Ig0w66FPzs, Not bringing. Re: Sam ’ s latest earnings report was full of positive news social media instantly fell love... Like that, it is simply Wednesday, and even a Vogue feature.! Nor a hat-removing country gentleman like Garth Brooks a hat-removing country gentleman like Brooks! Is wearing the same jacket from his meme at the apparent end of a era.